Subsequent entry of families/spouses

Subsequent entry of families/spouses

Migranten: Zuzug von Familienangehörigen

Show all answers
Hide all answers
  • Can my family move to Thuringia as well?

    Family members can generally join you in Germany. One of the prerequisites of employees is a settlement or residence permit for Germany. You will also be required to have enough living space and enough money to support your family.

    They will then receive a residence permit, as well. These rules apply to spouses as well as all their children under 18 years. Your immigrating family members will receive a time limited residence permit, even if you have a different residence title.

    Your newly immigrated spouse will be able to pursue gainful employment in Germany right away. The note "Erwerbstätigkeit gestattet" (employment permitted) proves this. The German Federal Office for Migration and Refugees (BAMF) can offer you more information about this topic.